Friday, November 5, 2010

Measure The Use of Water

vi.sualize.us
          Do you know guys, actually to have the clean water that we spend for taking a bath, drinking, washing clothes, and other things, we have to take it from underneath the ground. It needs to be pumped to our house. And the most important thing that it requires the electricity. I just learned it from my environmental education class that it takes 0,0018 kWh for pumping only 1 liter of water and for every kWh we release 0,98 kg of CO2 (or if you don't trust me you can see and try this carbon calculator in 

          Therefore I tried to count how much water I use in a day so that I could be aware of it. This is how I measure the water I use in a day:
1. First thing I measure my bath.
   You know what I use 58 litres of water just for brushing my tooth, facial washing, soap bathing, flushing the toilet, but it doesn't count for the creambathing. I did bathing twice: in the morning and in the afternoon, so those all count twice.
2. For the drinking
   I only drank 2,720 liters. I actually I don't like to drink a lot. Yeah, I know to drink water is good for my health but I just didn't aware of it.
           So, for the entire day I spent almost 60,7 liters of water. That was quite a spending. In other words, I have released 0,108 kg of CO2 (with all the calculating stuff I have told you above). I wonder how much trees I should plant in order to change my CO2 I have released into O2. That's what I didn't get in my class. I just got this question over my head when I wrote this. I should have been probably aware of it.
         I know we spend the water as if the water would always be there, like it won't be exhausted. Actually it's not, well it's not happening yet. But it might be someday. The water could run out if we do not spend it wisely. If we keep on pumping it from the ground, the water could run out. At least if we try to grow or plant trees that will sink in the water to their roots, and to the ground.


0 comments:

Post a Comment